Frequently Asked Question
Unication STRONGLY recommends customers perform a "Hard Reset" on any G2-G5 model pagers experiencing any of the issues below prior to shipping under warranty. In many cases this will resolve the issues without having to send device to the warranty center.
Follow the troubleshooting steps below exactly as outlined for G-Series P25 Voice Pagers reported as No RX, No Audio, No Alert, Stuck in off duty, Can’t Change Zones or devices reported as “no power/no response to charge” or with “not charging with flashing lights”. Over 70% of these issues are resolved through a simple Hard Restart of the device.
G2-G5 HARD RESET INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Remove the battery for at least 5 minutes.
2. Make sure pager is turned OFF, then replace the battery.
3. Plug pager into the charging cable & power supply for at least 2-3 minutes (use the micro-USB power cable & power supply included with each G4/G5).
4. Turn pager ON and then back OFF.
5. Once the pager has been in the off position for a few minutes, you should be able to press the center joystick button and see the charging indicator once again.
6. Allow pager to continue charging until battery shows full charge of 100%.